Contractors - Job and Project Costing
Every contractor need to keep track of their Jobs. Some enter in XL, others might have it in their head about the numbers of jobs completed, pending or in progress.
We can maintain your contracting business in QuickBooks with accurate data information available when needed for your Jobs / Projects.
- Estimates vs. Acutals Costs: We can enter estimates for your job/project. Contractors will annual sales volumes under $3-5 million are not likely to have a $100,000+ a year estimator on staff. The key is to get Job Costs as close possible to the project estimate and budget. Once an estimate is entered, this will get you closer to your step between your bid and the finished project.
- Purchase Orders Open / Closed: Purchase Orders can help you keep track of your Job Costs. Sub-trades or Vendors orders can be entered and they can be linked with a Job. We will be able to submit you a report of your Purchase Orders – Open or you can also use the data in your Quarterly reports for Open Purchase Orders on Hand.
- Item based allocations of each Costs: In a Job you may have more than one costs associated i.e. flooring, drywall, electrical and others. You may want to keep track of costs of each of these items and sync with your estimates. We can do this for you. Every contractor wants to keep track of each of these numbers some or the other way. Why not let us do it, more reliably.
- Job Profitability: No matter what but you want to get this as accurate as possible. If you have these numbers accurate you are probably a few of those contractors who have higher probability of success. We can provide these to you for every Job that is in progress or completed.
- Vendors / Trades Paid or Unpaid: You need to keep your Accounts Payable in check to manage your cash flow in business. With one click of a button we will be able to setup reports for you accounts payable for each Job.
- Extras for Job: You want to be on top of this. You want to know which items are billed add-ons by your Vendors / Trades for each Job. In turn, you may want to bill it to your customer. Contractors, who do not have a separate report, may miss a item or two to bill to their customer and will affect their Job profitability. We will prepare an easy click report for you, which will show in your Estimates vs. Actuals.
- Payroll cost allocation to each Project: Adding payroll costs to the Jobs is one of the biggest challenges for Contractors. The amount could be significant if the Job is not handled within time-frame. We will develop a system for you wherein you will be able to keep an eye on the employee costs at any given time for your Job(s).
- Actual Cost vs. Actual Revenue: You want this to find out how much you made. Did the cost shoot up? Did it match or go beyond the revenue? Which Job / Project did that? Why? To get answers to all these, we will build this report for you. Every Job you will be given where are your costs and when you invoice your customer, how much did you make.
- Bills / Receipts for Job: Complete money going out for a Job analysis. No matter how the money went out of our business (Debit Card, Credit Card, Cheques, Drafts, Direct Payment, Cash) everything will be recorded, wherein you can see everything for your Job(s).